Tarchna, Corneto, Tarquinia

It was created between 1914 and 1918, but was already referred to as Porta Firenze (Florence Gate); it was constructed to substitute the ancient gateway known as Porta della Valle which was no longer adequate for the needs of expanding urbanisation.

keep reading ...

The gateway offers a beautiful view of the sea from two lookout plazas and consists of two pillars made of indented rectangular travertine blocks, upon which the municipal coat of arms, cast in iron, is placed at the apex of the columns. The original iron gate which consisted of three parts, united by cast iron columns and adorned at the apex with the star of Italy was removed in 1936.

Culture, History and Heritage

THE ETRUSCANS

THE ETRUSCANS

TARCHNA, CORNETO, TARQUINIA

TARCHNA, CORNETO, TARQUINIA

MAREMMA BETWEEN SEA AND NATURE

MAREMMA BETWEEN SEA AND NATURE

TARQUINIA, A LITERARY PLACE

TARQUINIA, A LITERARY PLACE

Plan your trip

TOURIST INFORMATION

Sleeping, Eating and What to Do
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER

Click here to read it.

The contact data collected will be used by the Data Controller for the sole purpose of sending the requested Newsletter. Further purposes are not provided for or admitted. The data will be kept up to the request of cancellation by the interested party, possibility offered at each sending of the newsletter, and in any case for a period of time not exceeding 24 months from the confirmation of intention to receive the communication. For any other detail, please refer to the extended information sheet in the privacy section.
close-link