This hall was once utilized for town council meetings and currently serves as the antechamber or waiting hall for the mayor’s office.
Tarchna, Corneto, Tarquinia
The walls are completely covered in frescos which were painted between the 16th and 17th centuries, depicting various episodes and prominent figures in the history of Corneto. Evidence indicates that they were painted by C. Donati but records from the Historical Archives reveal the names of other artists who also contributed to the work between 1629 and 1636. The final additions to the frescos occurred at the end of the 18th century and between 1980 and 1981 a significant restoration took place.