An Enchanting Coast

During the Middle Ages, this port became a popular a landing place for illustrious men and high-quality merchandise and was restored many times, even by Clement XII in 1738, hence the name “Porto Clementino”. The port was utilized for loading shipping vessels and was ideally connected with the once navigable Marta River and the surrounding salt marshes. Notwithstanding its convenient location, Porto Clementino was made obsolete and replaced by the Port of Civitavecchia during the 20th century. Nearby are the ruins of the Tower of Corneto and the Tower of Plague Victims.

Cultura, Storia e Patrimonio

THE ETRUSCANS

THE ETRUSCANS

TARCHNA, CORNETO, TARQUINIA

TARCHNA, CORNETO, TARQUINIA

MAREMMA BETWEEN SEA AND NATURE

MAREMMA BETWEEN SEA AND NATURE

TARQUINIA, A LITERARY PLACE

TARQUINIA, A LITERARY PLACE

Plan your trip

TOURIST INFORMATION

Sleeping, Eating and What to Do
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER

Click here to read it.

The contact data collected will be used by the Data Controller for the sole purpose of sending the requested Newsletter. Further purposes are not provided for or admitted. The data will be kept up to the request of cancellation by the interested party, possibility offered at each sending of the newsletter, and in any case for a period of time not exceeding 24 months from the confirmation of intention to receive the communication. For any other detail, please refer to the extended information sheet in the privacy section.
close-link