The Church of Saint Lucy was constructed prior to the monastery in the 15th century, whereas the monastic complex was built between 1563 and 1564.
Tarchna, Corneto, Tarquinia
This complex extends from Porta Maddalena, along the perimeter of the town walls, and comprises various buildings overlooking a cloister and a courtyard, including a convent school, a novitiate, guest rooms, a cloister for nuns and a kitchen garden. Part of the complex also houses a private Middle School and Secondary School specialising in the Science of Teaching. There are remarkable paintings from the 17th and 18th centuries which are preserved in the chancel accessible through the nuns’ cloister but not open to the public. These include Pietà with St. John and Mary Magdalene, St. Benedict’s Intercession with the Virgin (after the school of V. Camuccini, late 1700s), and St. Lucy (by G. F. Romanelli, mid 18th century).