The tomb was discovered in 1868.
It consists of two rooms in origin divided by a rock partition and each one has its own access dromos. The ogre’s tomb is the oldest grave; was, in origin, a small room almost square with deep niches in the walls of which only two remain. It was formerly enlarged and restructured. It presents in the niche of the background a wild landscape with the remains, in the foreground, of a banquet scene with two klinai in which they are lying, to the right a woman (Ravnthu Thefrinai) and a man (Velthur Spurinas son of Lars) and to the left a single bearded character (Velthur Spurinas son of Velthur).
At the foot of the first row of cards of figures of children: one with a bottle around the neck and another larger one (Aulus Spurinas) that held in their arms a shield with an inscription. On the right wall there is another kliné depicted on which Velia Spurinas (known as the maid Velchas, but actually married to a member of this family) is with her husband Arnth Velchas, who belongs to another noble family of Tarquinia of the century of the tomb of the Shields (cfr). To the right of the niche is represented “Charun” beside, with blue skin, the nose columbine and hair turned into snakes that, at the time of discovery was called “Orc”. We can find an epigraphic verification, which confirms the family tree of the Spurina family in addition to its companies, on the marble slabs discovered around the Ara of the Queen, in the area occupied by the Etruscan city, with Latin inscriptions, called Elogia Tarquiniensia . These are inscriptions of praise dedicated to their ancestors of a very distant descendant of the Spurina family, who lived between the age of Tiberius and that of Trajan.
Data: beginning of the fourth century a.c.